Tuesday 6 December 2011

Fresh fields

I joined the Conservative Party four years ago and since then have kept a low profile as I have no ambition to climb the greasy poll of politics.  A few months ago I was added to the local government candidates' panel (having been encouraged to apply) but I shall not be standing next May as I declined to put my name forward for vacancies.

Tonight I am going to the AGM of the branch in my ward. It will be the first meeting of the party I have attended, except for the candidates' interview panel.   I have been invited to put my name forward for a position within the branch and it would have been rude to refuse.  However, I shall be content if other members fill the vacancies.

Update: By the end of the meeting I was elected to the position of chairman of the branch and as one of the branch's representatives on the constituency association executive council.

No comments:

Post a Comment