Saturday 13 March 2010

Try again

Below is my latest e-mail to the Bishop of Tonbridge and the Tonbridge Archdeacon:


I am disappointed, but not surprised, not to have received a response to my e-mail.

The comment in the letter from John Barton that external funding had dried up shows how badly Church in Society has been managed. I work for a voluntary sector organisation and our funding is increasing. The reason for this is that we are pro-active, well-organised and seek out opportunities – all attributes lacking in Church in Society.

Whatever happened to the preferential option for the poor in the deliberations about CIS?

The Church of England in Kent has lost the plot completely in regard to social responsibility.

Perhaps the strategy now is to keep a low profile and hope the objectors will go away. I can assure you, they will not. My blog is working overtime to ensure the matter remains in the public eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment