Friday 30 December 2022

Part 44. Back to base and basics

Hello. Well here we are back where we started. When I commenced these posts I had no idea where I might journey. Along the way I have discovered fellow travellers who provide me with the comforting thought that I am not alone in my beliefs. Quite exhilarating!

The danger in any blog is it may become repetitive and  yes, this blog is heading that way.  However, some arguments deserve repetition, none more so than the centrality of Jesus in acting out our Christian faith. I know it sounds obvious but in reality things are rather different. 

Do we follow Jesus in the sense of intellectual assent or do we really follow his example?  Does our Christian faith revolve round Sunday church services or in action to help the poor? Just the latter and you are close to Bonhoeffer's religionless christianity. Add prayer and you are there.  Ditch doctrine, dogma and Paul's cosmic Christ. Instead, concentrate on prayer, particularly for the strength to follow in the way of Jesus.

Next post. Religionless Christianity is not an oxymoron.

No comments:

Post a Comment