Saturday 17 December 2022

Part 37. Progressive Christianity. My theological home?

In a previous post I expressed my dislike of labels although I admit to using them:  as in 'bible fundamentalist'.  The problem with labels is the ideas, concepts  etc that people associate with the subject of the label.  Therefore I refuse to label my own ideas. Nevertheless it does not surprise me if I am perceived as being in the  Progressive Christianity camp.

When I commenced writing these posts I had no preconceived plan. It was intended as a series of jottings on my theological understanding of the Christian faith. What has surprised me is how my ideas cohere. As I commented in my first post there is nothing original in my thinking.  My musings may have led me to my theological home and it is possible I shall become an adherent of Progressive Christianity and accept the baggage that comes with the label.  Then again.........


No comments:

Post a Comment