Monday 10 October 2011

Rusthall Parish Council. I would have attended but.....

As I was mulling over the comments of Councillor Watson (see earlier posts) the thought struck me that I should attend the next meeting of the parish council and ask a question concerning the budget questionnaire the council has circulated.

I perused the agenda for the next meeting and was dismayed to read that the item for public questions is at the end of the meeting.  With the best will in the world I do not want to sit through a parish council meeting.

Tunbridge Wells Borough Council takes questions from the public at the start of a meeting.  I have attended meetings of parish councils in Kent and it has been the case usually that agenda items on which people who are not councillors are to/may speak are placed high on the agenda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment