Tuesday 11 October 2011

English Passport and Northern Ireland (and Mr Uncles)

The English Passport blog has provided a link to one of my previous posts.

See: http://englishpassport.org/2011/10/11/how-the-kent-conservatives-are-happy-to-steal-english-money-from-kent-and-spend-in-northern-ireland/

I suppose I should feel honoured that my post is considered to be a statement made on behalf of Kent Conservatives. The reality is much more mundane. Yes, I am a member of the Conservative Party. I hold no position within the party and the idea that my opinions can be extrapolated into being those of Kent Conservatives is preposterous. Doubtless English Passport has not read my very first post which states that my blog is written in a personal capacity. Mr Uncles, (a prolific poster on English Passport) is a member of the National Council of the English Democrats. He is careful to distinguish between his views and the policy of his party. There is nothing in my post to justify the wrong-headed assertion that I speak for Kent Conservatives.

It is well-documented that I support withdrawal from the European Union and resolution of the West Lothian Question by symmetric devolution within a federal structure. However there are major pressing issues on which I support fully the policies of the Conservative Party.

English Passport states: This blog however believes that there should be a referendum in Great Britain, to see if the people of Great Britain wish to revoke the 1800 Act of Union

However, elsewhere on the same blog we read:

To the extent that it advocates the political separation of England from the (remainder of the) UK, English nationalism is not compatible with Scottish or Northern Irish Unionism, indeed modern Democratic English Nationalists, support a United Ireland, to end the subsidy from the English Tax Payer to Northern Ireland.

Whilst one can distinguish between these two statements and argue they are not contradictory we then find the following post on the English Passport blog:

http://englishpassport.org/2011/09/03/referendum-of-english-residents-to-decide-northern-ireland-remain-part-of-uk-govt-and-continue-to-receive-subsidies-from-uk-taxpayers/

In the post above English Passport wants a referendum of English residents to decide if English residents wish Northern Ireland to remain part of the United Kingdom, yet in the latest post it wants a referendum in Great Britain.
However one looks at it English Passport wants Northern Ireland to be delivered gift-wrapped into the clutches of the Republic of Ireland. I have not read anywhere on the blog that Mr Uncles does not agree with the English Passport stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment