Saturday 29 October 2011

I'm all a twitter

the Mayor of Tunbridge Wells is correct in stating that councillors should be banned from sending tweets during council meetings.  More power to her elbow.  Quite apart from the discourtesy, nay rank bad manners, we do not pay our councillors allowances to be distracted from following debates by sending tweets.

Full marks to the Leader of the Council, Bob Atwood, who said:

Council meetings are important and serious events when decisions affecting the borough's residents are made. It is only right and a matter of courtesy that members should be focusing on meetings.

Now, why is it that I am not surprised that Councillor Sean Holden has objected to the Mayor's comments, accusing her of fogeyism?  Mind you, I would be sorely tempted to put my earphones on to listen to some music rather than have my ears assaulted by the inanities of Councillor Holden

No comments:

Post a Comment