Thursday 15 July 2010

What can this be?

There I was, sitting in the garden doing nothing (and doing it well), when the post arrived. My eyes were drawn to a large envelope with the words Winckworth Sherwood emblazoned upon it.

Winckworth Sherwood? I knew the name. Solicitors! Was it a writ, had I received a legacy, was it one of those pompous letters threatening legal action? Then it struck me that I knew the name from my time in Chelmsford. No, not the prison. WS do work for the Chelmsford Diocese of the Church of England. Essex Savers Credit Union, for whom I have done some work, has its base in the diocesan office. Possibly circumstances surrounding this is why WS has written to me.

Enough conjecture, open the envelope.

Sadly, no legacy, happily no writ, not that I was expecting one, nor a pompous missive.

The envelope contained a certificate, number 018, stamped with a seal, stating that I was the Registered Holder of one fully paid share of £1 in The Conservative Co-operative Society Limited.

I wonder if the Society pays a divi?

No comments:

Post a Comment