Friday 2 July 2010

Around Kent

In one of my earlier posts I mentioned that I put nothing on this website which relates to information gained through my employment.

My work takes me to many places in Kent: Maidstone, Ashford, Lenham, Aylesford, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Sheerness, Gravesend, Sittingbourne, Dover, Folkestone, Whitstable, Swanley, Sevenoaks, Paddock Wood, Canterbury and Herne Bay. So far, I have not visited Deal, Sandwich, Ramsgate or Margate.

I have found much of interest in all the places I have visited. The downside is the poor public transport between many of these places. Indeed some journeys are impossible by public transport, either because of the time element, or the fact that the railway system is London orientated.

The road system is Kent is poor and congestion will only get worse as the population rises. Years of under-investment has led to this unsatisfactory position and no relief is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment