Wednesday 16 October 2024

Part 324. Personal opinions (2)

I was active in the voluntary sector as a trustee, director, volunteer, employee and self employed for 30 years, mostly in the  fields of poverty, debt, mental health, community engagement and homelessness.  Most of my activity was with faith and secular charities.

Twelve years ago I started attending my local Salvation Army corps as I was impressed by the work of the Army with the deprived and marginalised. Two years later I became an Adherent.  Latterly I became disenchanted with the Army as it failed to become inclusive on matters of sexual orientation. I had been prepared to pay little attention to the Army's doctrine that is conservative evangelical. However as my theological stance has shifted considerably in recent years that, together with its lack of movement on sexual orientation issues, led me to resign as an Adherent.

Readers of this blog will have noted the changes in my theological ideas.  It is a mish-mash of liberal, progressive, deconstructivist and radical thoughts.  A work in progress.  Underpinning it is my desire to follow Jesus and love my neighbour, not simply by intellectual assent but by practical action.







No comments:

Post a Comment