Tuesday 13 November 2012

Kent Police and Crime Commissioner election

The time as I write is 17.00 on Tuesday 13th November.  On 15th November the election will be held for the position of Kent Police and Crime Commissioner. I have not received an election 'communication' from any of the candidates - the first time in 45 years that I have not received anything from any of the candidates at an election.

Admittedly, I have been following the election on the Internet, perusing the candidates' websites, as well as watching the videos of the hustings.  Many people either do not have Internet access, or if they have, do not necessarily use it to seek out the views of the candidates.

I can understand the  problems English Democrats and the two Independents have is delivering election leaflets across Kent. What has surprised me is that I have not received a Labour,Conservative or UKIP leaflets as these three parties distributed leaflets in abundance at the May local elections.

I know the Conservatives have been delivering leaflets.  One Conservative councillor has been out and about in Sherwood and I espied a Conservative councillor in Langton making deliveries.

UPDATE:  Received an election address from the Conservative candidate late this afternoon, Wednesday 14th November.


No comments:

Post a Comment