Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

May I wish all my readers of this blog, my circles on Google+ and my Facebook friends and subscribers a happy New Year.  The reality is that many of my readers will be touched by the effects of austerity measures and recession.  I wish you well in the hard times ahead.

2012 is a very busy year.  The Olympic Games may offer some respite from the enveloping gloom, and I can but hope that Sheffield United are promoted and Wharfedale RFU are not relegated.  Sadly, Westcombe Park RFC look doomed to be relegated, but I live in hopes of a revival.  Will Yorkshire CCC secure promotion to Division One?

The eurozone crisis will fester, the USA elect its' President, as will France.  Will the Coalition disintegrate?  How will the campaign for Scottish independence develop?  Locally we have an interesting election in May .  The Leader of the Council is defending his seat against a challenge by UKIP.  UKIP won the seat last May.  The seat has been held in the past by the Liberal Democrats, so it will be an interesting campaign, in which I intend to be involved.

I am hoping the food bank project I am involved with will launch early in 2012.  See:

http://communitiesfoodcic.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment