Thursday 22 September 2011

Blowing my own trumpet!

This blog is a tad critical at times.  However I am no 'armchair warrior'.  Over the years I have been a parish and district councillor, chaired the steering group that published the first community plan for my borough, a director of a housing association and involved with numerous voluntary bodies - often becoming an officer of the organisations.

Some people object to my sniping at them.  Tough.

So now to trumpet blowing time!  Last October I retired from the Board of the Bridge Trust, a local charity providing accommodation and support to single homeless people.  My thanks to Bob Wykes, the Chairman of the Trust for this in his introduction to the annual report.

I would like to formally pay tribute to our Vice Chairman who retired this year, John Hopkinson.  On behalf of the Board I would like to thank him for the commitment and wisdom he has brought to the Trust over many years.

I have never been one for chasing awards, as previous blogs are witness to, but it is a pleasant feeling, amidst all the negative comment fired at me and about me, to receive recognition for ones efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment