Tuesday 2 November 2010

Rusthall Parish Council?

From the Tunbridge Wells Borough Council's website:

The draft proposals on whether or not Rusthall should be parished are now open for consultation after being agreed at Full Council on 20 October 2010. The consultation will close on 31 December 2010.

The Council's website has an on-line consultation which it is easy to navigate.

It is not my intention to re-iterate my concerns. My deliberation now is: shall I put myself forward as a candidate? I have to say that my previous experience of being a parish councillor leads me to the conclusion that I shall not. The tedium of meetings made me feel suicidal and murderous. On the other hand, elections are fun and a few spanners can be thrown in to the works to upset some candidates expectations. On reflection, a few days fun leading to years of boredom in the event of being elected is not an appetising proposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment