Tuesday 2 August 2011

Volunteering and communities

My plan is to post a series of articles on volunteering, community development and community engagement. I have had involvement with all three and it has taken up much of my life over the past fifteen years.

If I have learned anything, it is how misunderstood and difficult it is to achieve community development and engagement.  My posts will call on my experience in the field and will, I hope, convey something of my frustration and disappointment. 

The Conservative Party's Big Society   and Labour's  Good Society fail to come to grips with the problems surrounding community engagement and community development.  The Localism agenda may have some impact, but I fear the proposed changes do not go far enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment