Sunday 14 August 2011

Time to let go.........

It is not easy to rid oneself of addiction.  My efforts to give up smoking have succumbed to my weakness for nicotine but I have managed to reduce considerably my alcohol intake.  I need to.  I am more than a few pounds overweight.  The past few weeks witnessed a seven pound reduction in my weight: only twenty-on pounds to go!

In recent months I have been spending far too much time tapping away at the keys on my computer.  Facebook has become an addiction - almost.  The problem with Facebook is that it is so ephemeral.  Try finding a post you made six months ago: it is very time consuming .  At least with a Blog it is very easy and quick to bring up postings, no matter how old.

I have decided to close my Facebook page except to post items from this blog.  This is not the first time I have done this. Like the addict I have returned.  This time I shall be strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment