Thursday 23 September 2010

Farewell to the Bridge Trust

In the early 1990s I was involved with the Bridge Trust as an attendee at its Tunbridge Wells Support Group meetings.

A few years later I joined the board of the trust and latterly I have been vice-chairman. During my time with the Trust it has opened two shops and a warehouse, developed an advice centre and resource centre and has increased the number of residential places available to 22.

The Trust has a strong board, a sound financial position and excellent staff. To achieve this has been a struggle from time to time.

Homelessness is an issue which raises mixed public responses. In the main the Trust has kept a low profile and made progress each year in its objective to support homeless single individuals to enable them to live independently. I feel that I have played my part and now is the time to retire from the board to enable others to bring fresh enthusiasm, experience and skills to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment