Tuesday 28 September 2010

Facebook Postings

Facebook can take over your life! It is addictive, unless one takes steps to curb the craving to add posts, comment, engage in conversations, send messages or play games.

There is the danger also that by adding too many friends one is swamped with messages. I have decided to cut back on my use of Facebook. I have deleted over fifty 'friends' and cut back on my postings. Now I only post items relating to organisations and activities in which I am interested or involved. Gone the political posts and the quirky items.

I thank people who have commented how much they have enjoyed my posts and the banter and hope they do not feel deprived by my change of policy.

My Facebook page is an open one and I welcome comments from across the political spectrum, from all faith groups, indeed from anyone about anything. Humour, irony and sarcasm is encouraged.

I have never blocked any Facebook member. Sadly three have blocked me and I name and shame:

Boedicea Icini from Rochford - a UKIP member who likes to dish out criticism but is unwilling to take it.

Meg Cowie: ditto

and Frank Parker, a supporter of the English Democrats who seems to have taken offence at nothing in particular.

They are on my little list: none of them will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment