Friday 17 February 2023

Part 87. Musings

Hello friends. When I commenced writing posts setting out my views on faith and theology I had no preconceived plan other than to explore my understanding and have it tested by public exposure. I make no claim to original thought or intellectual depth. My musings are my personal views and I have no desire to influence anyone or promote a specific theological view. 

Along the way I have espoused the cause of banning conversion therapy. I support the campaigns for full inclusion for LBGTQ+ communities in The Salvation Army and the Church of England. I admit to being taken aback by the virulent opposition to full inclusion by conservative fundamentalists driven by literalist biblical interpretation, dodgy science and, to be blunt, latent or patent homophobia. 

Christians should embrace and participate in social responsibility issues, both by direct support but also in pressing for changes to end the causes of poverty deprivation and marginalisation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment