Friday 2 February 2018

Still here!

It is just over two years since I was diagnosed with heart failure.  Since then a pacemaker has been fitted, I have type 2 diabetes and my cholesterol level has been too high. A daily intake of pills has reduced markedly my sugar and cholesterol levels and my pacemaker is doing its job.  I am told I look well!

Indeed I do feel well.  However my diet is restricted: very little salt and sugar and no more than two litres of fluid a day.  But I am able to get about and walk long distances - including uphill.

The NHS has done me proud - my GP, heart failure nurse, diabetes nurse and the staff at Maidstone and Pembury hospitals.

So what does the future hold?  Two years ago I doubted I would make it into 2017.  Now I expect to keep going for a few more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment