Friday 26 July 2024

Part 308. I'm away....

The following passage tells us what a homophobic organisation The Salvation Army is.  It is a disgrace, a policy based on dodgy fundamentalist interpretation of scripture.  I want no part in it.  I have been considering leaving for some time but hung on in the hope that there might be change, but I fear it may be a forlorn hope. 

'As a member of this group I have good news to share! My partner and myself, who have been together for 50 years are getting married in September. Whilst our C.O.'s and corps fellowship are totally accepting of our decision to finally become our authentic selves it has been necessary for us to relinquish our soldiership and are now adherent members. Whilst the pain this has caused has been unbearable I am determined to continue to challenge the Salvation Army stance on same sex relationships/marriage through the medium of this group. However, my partner and myself are determined not to allow this to detract from our happiness and are looking forward with great joy to the future.'


No comments:

Post a Comment