Wednesday 3 July 2024

Part 296. The power of prayer

Readers of my blog are aware I do not like the use of labels, so I refrain from defining my theology by the use of a label.  If pushed I say that my current views are strongly influenced by progressive, liberal and deconstructivist ideas. A mish-mash it may be,  but it is a work in progress and I think it is unlikely I will reach the end of my faith journey.  

God is not an anthropomorphised being  listening to and answering prayers. God is in us and in all around us.  It is this context that I commend for your consideration the following:

Meditation and prayer are not rituals or duties to be performed.  They are the gifts that help us to organise our conscious state to the spiritual reality of the presence of God.
Paul Bane

I used to pray that God would feed the hungry, or do this or that, but now I pray that he will guide me to do whatever I'm supposed to do, what I can do.  I used to pray for answers, but now I'm praying for strength.  I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us and we change things.
Mother Teresa 

No comments:

Post a Comment