Saturday 24 February 2024

Part 244. Social Justice Champions, The Salvation Army.

I have been advised that:

"SJCs are not appointed as such, nor do they hold an official position within TSA. They're supporters who have indicated an interest in campaigning on a local or national issue. Anyone can sign up."

A few months ago a corps' officer informed me I had to be approved as a SJC by the corps Council. Ah well.  

I surmise that an SJC may be assisted in the campaigning process by TSA but it would appear an individual may only act in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of TSA, when in communication with a councillor. MP etc.

I await clarification from TSA  as to the accuracy of my surmise as well as a response to my query as to how TSA may respond to a public consultation by a public body within whose area there are a number of corps. 

Kent has numerous corps within the county council's area. Many of the council's services impact on the very individuals the Army supports. The Army should be campaigning on behalf of and with those who would be affected by proposed policy and budgetary changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment