Saturday 20 April 2024

Part 269. Jottings.

I rarely attend services at my local Salvation Army Corps and I have stopped attending bible study meetings. I miss listening to the brass band at services and discussion at bible studies. I ceased attending as I no longer believe in the theology and doctrine of the Army and am dismayed at the stance on LBGTQ+ issues summarised as "inclusive at the door, exclusive at the core".

The people at the Corps are most welcoming. I attend the weekly lunch club and activities such as sales.  I am impressed by the social work of the Army but feel it should do much more campaigning on social issues. I have been an Adherent for ten years but do wonder how long I can continue. 2024 may see  major changes  in position on the criteria for officership in the United Kingdom & Ireland Territory and if that be the case I shall probably not resign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment