Tuesday 1 August 2023

Part 151. My theological viewpoint.

Harold Macmillan, a former UK Prime Minister,  has the following quotation attributed to him.

Political argument is rarely inhibited by ignorance.

The same may be said of social media argument. Look at Facebook sites containing theological matters and you will read, for the most part, entrenched views carried forward by groupthink with little discussion or debate. There are exceptions but rarely informed debate, more likely than not salvos of entrenched opinions being exchanged.

My Facebook theology page is clearly supportive of the tenets of progressive theology.  I read posts on fundamentalist pages but refrain from comment. 

As I have stated before this blog expresses my opinions and I make no claim to academic rigour or research.  My few readers doubtless come to their own conclusions concerning the import of my musings.



No comments:

Post a Comment