Wednesday 22 February 2023

Part 91. Getting along with people.

I am a placid person not prone to shows of anger or outrage although probably seething within. I may voice opposition to ideas but I do not launch into hysterical rants, nor do I make personal attacks or use intemperate language. Well, I don't think I do.

The meaning and application of scripture is open to debate. Sadly differences of opinion on matters of interpretation expressed on social media often descend into vituperation. Individuals become obsessed with the certainty that their opinion is the only valid one and close their minds to discussion. 

I refuse to engage in such social media debate. My preference is to state my own opinions based on a variety of sources and welcome constructive engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment