Sunday 19 March 2023

Part 100. To adhere, or not.

I became an Adherent member of The Salvation Army in 2014 following a home visit by one of the Majors of the corps.

My main reason for taking this step had nothing to do with theology or doctine but was driven by the impression I had of the work of the Army with the poor and downtrodden. Since 2014 I have become aware of the issues facing TSA regarding officership and sexual orientation. I am on the side of full inclusion as are many officers and soldiers.  

Will the forthcoming High Council see the election of a General disposed to promoting full inclusion? I hope so, but I have my doubts. Since I became an Adherent I have never been approached and invited to consider thinking about becoming a Soldier.  




No comments:

Post a Comment