Thursday 2 July 2020

Planning: Shambles ((3) Red :Lion Wall

The saga continues.  Recently I published the e-mails I sent and received on this matter.


https://kentcommunityactivist.blogspot.com/2020/06/planning-application-2-shambles.html

On 08 June Tunbridge Wells Borough Council (TWBC)  e-mailed me:

I have visited the site, and spoken to the developer. The wall being rebuilt broadly fits the detail of the plan 05D on 19/03589/LBC. As the development has always been controversial in terms of the visibility splays of access to the site, I believe they have adjusted it slightly for better visibility. As such I do not see this as a substantial breach of the plans.


In other words TWBC is happy to do nothing.


A few days later Kent County Council Highways (KCC) visited the site and contacted TWBC.  the upshot was this e-mail from TWBC dated 19 June.




I have since had a chance to hear from KCC Highways and they agree the wall, as built, is built on the wrong line in part.
The developer accepts this is an error of their making, and will be realigning it to comply with the visibility splays.

Rather a change!

However the developer has not realigned the wall. Instead he has continued building it. Time for me to complain again:

I e-mailed KCC on 01 July and received this response on 02 July.

At this stage I can advise you that  the developer is aware of this matter and  that the wall is under further consideration by both the highway and planning authorities.


Another change of stance.  What a shambles.  I fired off this response to KCC.


Thus 'further consideration' means let the developer continue to built and then?  Oh dear the work is so far advanced we should not stop it.  The developer should have been stopped.


I'll keep you posted.  My opinion is that the developer will get away with it. I shall be making a complaint to TWBC and KCC  in any event about how this matter has been handled.






No comments:

Post a Comment